Thursday, March 31, 2011

Hello. My Name is Eat - 20 Weeks/20 Burgers

Hello. My Name is Eat - March 25, 2011

Hello Exterior
Interior
Directly across from Keller Central High School is a funky shopping center with your typical donut shop, nail salon, cleaners and haircut joint. It also our family's current favorite froyo stop, Blueberries. And, now it houses the closest burger stand by our house. This is actually the third food place to be in the same space. A couple of weeks the girls and I had some froyo and picked a to-go menu for Hello. My Name is Eat on the way home. The entire family decided to give this a go this past Friday. The wall decor was a little random - a ton of miniature, framed Rolling Stone magazine covers, movie posters and vinyl record covers. The movie posters ranged from 'The Day the Earth Stood Still' to 'Taxi Driver.' All of this was plastered on some red neck wood paneling that soared about 12 feet high. Booths lined both walls with tables running down the center of the floor. The booths were a little odd in that the tables actually extended beyond the end of each booth seat. The menu here is actually an order sheet that you fill out yourself - exactly like Mooyah. The big deal here is (Home of the Stuffed Burger) that you have the option of stuffing your burger with anything, from grilled onions to bell peppers to bleu cheese.

Decor on some wood paneling

The GOOD: We were surprised to find out there was no counter service here - they actually had wait staff. There was a drink dispenser within view and, you have to walk to a register to actually pay so, I'm guessing the wait staff is for dinner only. The service was surprisingly very, very good. Dianna and I both ordered burgers stuffed with grilled onions and cheese. I went with American and she tried the cheddar. The kaiser like buns were great as were the fresh veggies. The patty quality was good, too, although it felt a little less than the advertised 8 ounces. Saying that it was fresh - it has to be because of the stuffing options. We all left stuffed anyways. On the way out I noticed an old CD jukebox with a very eclectic mix. It was pre-loaded with credits. The girls were fascinated with the jukebox. We let them flip through the CD selections. All-in-all we probably stood at the jukebox for about ten minutes playing a couple of tunes.
Note - if you order grilled onions as your stuffing be sure to mark the order sheet 'no' on the regular onions. Also, ask for the mustard to be put on the side - I like mustard but the version used here is extra stout.

Hello. My Name is Eat. Now. Hurry. Today

Stuffed with cheddar cheese and grilled onions
This was ordered well but, still had some red near the stuffing
Note-this photo was taken after Dianna added ketchup

The BAD:  Our burgers were accompanied by some very average (seasoned) food service steak fries. Not terribly bad - just love fresh cut potatoes. Next time we will try the home battered onion rings.

The UGLY: I mentioned that we picked up a to go menu two weeks prior to this visit. The burgers have increased in price 20%. I'm guessing the owners are first time restauranteurs - that's just too big of a mistake for seasoned operators. Also, we ordered the patties well-done. If you look a the photo above you'll notice some red near the middle of the patty. I don't know if the stuffing caused  the cook some difficulty or what but, next time I will go stuff-less and just have them top the patty with the cheese and grilled onions.

This was a good burger; definitely better than Ted E's. Price wise they are a little high considering the location and what it is. Dinner for the four us about $32 after tip and the includes the girls ordering kid's meals.

"Old School" CD Jukebox


2 comments:

chandlercrouch said...

I have an office right next door. I thought the regular burger was ok. I went back and tried the grilled chicken burger stuffed with jalapenos and swiss cheese (hold the mayo).... this was THE BEST grilled chicken burger i've EVER had! I've gone back 5 times now and they are delivering the results with consistency.. I'm pretty excited about it, so I thought I'd share.

Kelly Rhoads said...

Me and the wife went to Hello My Name Is Eat on a date, and it pretty much ended there. The menu takes a cryptograph, a full moon, a soul contract with the devil, and a virgin sacrifice to decipher. Once we had made our deal with the devil they brought us our drinks, I ordered a Dr. Pepper and my wife a Sprite. The Sprite was virtually carbonated water, the waitress seemed rather disinterested in us bringing this up, said it was probably just because the Sprite was almost out and that my wife would need to choose something else to drink.

Of course we placed our orders, I picked an 8 oz stuffed burger, I wrote on the form no dressing and veggies (The form actually asks you to mark what you want left off) and I had it stuffed with bacon, cheddar cheese, and pineapple. My wife ordered a baked potato. A few minutes later our waitress comes back and tells us that they are all out of potatoes... Saturday night, 7:00 pm and one of the 5 different things they offer they are out of. My wife changed her order to a grilled cheese and on we went. My drink was empty before my food got there, there was one other guest in the place, our waitress was by no means busy, but pretty much ignored us as if we weren't there.

When our food arrived, my burger was not as I ordered it, they put onions on it, which made it taste bad even after I removed them, they did not put the cheese on it I had clearly marked on my form, and the bacon was pinkish and under cooked. Mind you I had to choke this down without my drink being refilled, I brought up my item not being made correctly and was met with indifference and an "I'm sorry" that seemed more rehearsed than genuine.

To get to my wife's "grilled cheese", well it was two pieces of stale bread that had been toasted (the crust was super hard) with cheap nacho cheese sauce in the middle. Needless to say my wife is in bed early because her stomach hurts and I am also a bit weird in the stomach because of the onions. There are much better burger places in the area that are either as much or cheaper with much higher quality. I wouldn't feed my food from there to a dog let alone another human being.